Hey everyone! Welcome back to our blog!
A few weeks ago, Brett's parents came down for the weekend. We had a great time together! We stopped by this adorable shop here in Randleman...
Sitting on the front porch...
Brett and I saw some furniture pieces that we liked but decided that we wanted to think about it for a while. We went home and took some measurements. Later that day we ran back by and got a GREAT deal on these items. We are going to use this one as an entry table. We are going to paint in white and then scuff it up some. We bought new hardware for this table but couldn't wait to put it on, even though the table isn't ready.
This is the matching dresser. We are going to sand it, paint it black, and use it in our guest bedroom. I'm so excited about our projects!
Here is the hardware that we are going to use on this piece. We got all of the hardware at Anthropologie (we love you Jana). It's a great store that Jana introduced me to. One just opened in Greensboro. It is a very unique place that has clothing, home items, kitchen stuff, bedroom linens, etc. We looked at many stores for hardware but we weren't pleased with any, so we were excited with our finds at this store.
We will make sure to post pictures when we finish!
So, what else has been going on lately? Well...
We had Adam and Kyhli over for dinner on night. Adam is one of my (Jessica) cousins. He is a talented student at UNC and Kyhli is his wonderful and beautiful girlfriend that is studying to be a teacher at UNC-G (my alma mater). We had a great time together!
We have started the P90X (90 day) workout program. This past week we did a few of the exercises, but next week we are officially beginning. It is a 6 day a week exercise program with a huge variety of DVDs that target toning specific parts of your body, others that provide cardio exercises (like kick-boxing), and there is a yoga program. We're not being obsessive about this, but we wanted to get stronger and really tone our muscles. It's fun because we're doing it together! We'll see how it goes...
The past two Thursdays we watched another one of my cousins Brandon ("B") play baseball. We're so proud of B because he's been working really hard in school and is a great athlete! He is finishing his 8th grade year...so next year he'll be in high school!
On Friday night, we joined our friends for an "Ocho de Mayo"celebration. It was a great way to relax from an intense week! We had a huge feast of mexican food. For dessert, Brett made the most amazing cheesecake ever!!! Everything was from scratch. It was a key lime cheesecake with a thin layer of key lime whip cream and thin slices of mango on top. The crust was made of coconut, chopped pecans, and brown sugar! Yum..... Way to go Brett!
Saturday morning, I spent time catching up with Amanda and Nate on Skype! I love skype! It's amazing because we can watch each other and talk and it feels like we're together instead of half-way across the world from one another! I love you and miss you guys! (Oh, and they are coming home in 6 weeks...so exciting!!!)
During the afternoon, we saw "Star Trek" with my parents! I was raised watching the many versions of Star Trek, so it was special to go with them to watch it. The movie was great! It brought back so many memories of the story line that I grew up hearing. I hope that they will continue with the series! Afterwards, we grabbed dinner and then called it a night. We had a wonderful time!
I'm sure that I've left out some stuff, but that will do for now!
1 comment:
I really like the table & dresser! :)
Post a Comment