Thursday, July 30, 2009

4th of July Weekend

The last time that we went up to Virginia, Brett's parents had the wonderful idea of playing Par-3 golf during the morning on July 4th.  We haven't even hit golf balls in months, much less play golf, but we all had such a great time!  
Brett had several impressive chips during our game. Not to brag, but I was pleased with my tee shots.  This trip made me realized how much I miss playing golf!  There's just something about the smell of the grass in the fairway, even if I only get as close as sand trap...hey, I like the beach...and sand... fortunately, this course didn't have many sand traps! 
We love spending time with David and Des.  I wish we could see them more often, but we make the most of the time that we have. This time was no different! 

We look like a couple of pros huh?  Ok, maybe not... but let me tell you who is crazy good at hitting the ball really far..it's Brett's dad.  Seriously, he could pretty much use a pitching wedge and get it all the way past the far side of the green. Brett and I tended to use the 3 club philosophy of a 5-wood up to the edge of the green, PW/SW to chip, and a putter.  This works well for us on a Par-3 or a regular golf course.  
Des did really well too!  At the end of the day, we were all in a range of 9 strokes.  Maybe we could make a career out of this?!  One can always wish! 
No blog would be complete without a random picture of a flower or some type of plant.  So, here it goes....
So, we asked one of the employees to take a picture of us. We all look great in this picture, even if David and Brett are missing the tops of their heads!  This was a great idea so thanks David and Des for taking us to the course!  
Another great thing that we enjoyed while with the fam was the fruits and veggies of D&D's labor from their new garden.  I haven't ever tasted any tomatoes as good as what they have! I'm just about convinced that Brett and I should have a garden.  Ok, let's take one step at a time... Along with great company and great food, we also laid around at a friend's pool to soak up some rays.  After swimming, Des and I sat and read our books while David and Brett played basketball.  It was  a great weekend!!! 

4 comments:

Desiree said...

Okay, scroll down to the picture of me swinging away....look closely...ask yourself one question...What's wrong with this picture??? Hmmm, HE MISSED THE BALL!!! Had to post that one?

Of course the form was excellent!!

Now about that last picture that the cart guy took.... its obvious he was totally zoned in (and centered upon) one person!...She is after all something special!

Love Ya both!
Dad C

Jessica said...

David -
Oh my goodness... I didn't even catch that! I guess that wasn't the best shot for showing off your mad skills... I'll switch it out! :) Love you! Thanks for always having such a great sense of humor!!!

Martin LaBar said...

Nice hibiscus photo.

Amanda said...

You should totally have a garden! I recommend Romaine lettuce...very easy to grow, and saves a lot of money if you eat salads a lot!