We're sorry that we haven't posted anything in a really long time. Our failure to do so was due to us not having internet access at home and a lot of crazy things going on in our lives.
Good news....as of today, we have internet access at home! So, hopefully, that means you'll be hearing from us more often.
I (Brett) was out of work most of this month sick with extreme nausea. It was eventually determined that this was due to my gall-bladder not functioning correctly...so I had surgery to remove my gall-bladder almost 2 weeks ago. Thankfully this solved the problem, I've just had to recover from the surgery. I think that we both learned a whole lot through this situation and God really used this hard time to draw us closer to one another and Himself. I feel like we have gone to a whole new level together!
Other interesting news...I started a new job this week! I am now working as the Marketing Officer for Community One Bank, located in Asheboro, NC. This job is exactly what I want to be doing, which is really exciting since I've really been miserable at my previous job. I will be working with advertising, public realtions, media relations, press releases, etc. I am so thankful for this wonderful opportunity and blessing from the Lord!
I must say that my wife has been amazing over the past several weeks. She has been so stable and strong and encouraging to me. She has served me so humbly and graciously. I truly do not deserve such a wonderful partner! We are learning more and more about what it means to be one and to share in one another's joy and pain.
So...Here's a little re-cap of our lives over the past 5 months:
Got Married...I started a new job...Bought a House....Moved...Jes changed jobs...We got Cali (our puppy)...I got sick and had surgery....I changed jobs...
Wow...it sure sounds like a lot, but we have no complaints as we have been extremely blessed along the way and God has truly provided all of our needs.
Well...that's it for now. We'll try to keep this more up-to-date now that we can update from home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I know that it's May 22nd, but I haven't had much of a chance to read through your blog until now. I just noticed that you work in Asheboro and I thought it was worth a note. This is the town that Paul (my husband)'s dad and step mom live in. They life very close to the intersection of 64 and Iron Mt. road. It's neat the little Mall there and also the new Hibachi asian buffet - i think it used to be a Fire Mountain. Anyhoo, it's funny that you guys are so close to us, we are in Asheboro at least twice a month. We are now living in Clayton, Near the intersection of 95 and 70. Well, I'm glad to hear that things are going so well and congrats - you guys are absolutely correct by saying that marriage only gets better with time.
Post a Comment