Hi all! It's been a great few days and here is a little glimpse into all that has gone on...
Thursday, Jan. 31st - Brett's parents stayed with us on their way home from being in Alabama... Patrick, Jana & Hannah's new home!!! We love ALL of you so much!!! We had a great time just chillin' with his parents after all of us had a long day.
Jan. 31st and Feb. 1st - I was sick, but Brett was a wonderful husband to help take care of me...
Saturday, Feb. 2nd - Our 5 month-aversary of being married! Better by the day! Since I was filling a little better on Saturday, we decided to go to Panera for dinner... on the way there, we stopped by the Four Seasons Mall (large mall in Greensboro) where they were holding "Triad Idol" auditions. I saw this advertised on the morning news when I was sick, and so we decided to go to the tryouts and wing-it! No... I wasn't going to sing... just Brett - he's the brave one! Basically, Brett did the most amazing job of singing Marc Broussard's Blue Jeans. (If you don't know the song, you've got to check it out!) So after an audition in front of a huge crowd at the mall, Brett was asked to come back for the next round of the competition. I am so excited for him! Sometimes it is even more fun when you have no expectations as you approach a situation! We just did this for the fun of it... and look what happened!
Sunday, Feb. 3rd - This was our first Sunday back at our Sunday School class at church. We are beginning The Five Love Languages... many have heard of it, but the guest speakers are putting a new spin on this. Very exciting - much more to come in the future! Also, we had dinner with my parents and watched some of the Super Bowl - Go Giants!!! (who am I kidding... I'm not really a fan...but I am happy for them)
Feb. 4th - Feb. 5th - We've both had great days at work... God has truly blessed us in many ways! We are thankful for each other, for our families, and for our friends! Speaking of which... one of our friends just found out that she is having a baby girl - we are thrilled for you Laura - love you!
That's all for tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you two! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, Jes. Good luck at Idol, Brett!
Post a Comment