Friday, February 27, 2009

February Re-Cap

I'm home sick today and for the first time I'm awake enough to do this...so I thought this might be a great opportunity to let you know about what has been going on in our life for the past few weeks. First, I will start out with a picture of our sweet puppy, Cali. Looking at her cute face always makes me feel better!
Aww... ok, now I'm ready to fill you in!
So, Brett surprised me at work with the most beautiful flower arrangement that I have ever seen a few days before Valentine's Day. He did a great job of not making me suspect anything, because it has been our running joke that Brett bought my gallbladder removal as my gift for Valentine's Day. But no...he is much more romantic than that! It has all of my favorite flowers...roses, tulips, orchids, and hydrangeas. We've been through a lot over the past year and a half of our marriage and this was a sweet way of celebrating where we are now.

A picture of the orchid...As a small gift to Brett, I found Reese's Peanut Butter hearts. It's his favorite treat. I didn't even know they make them for Valentine's Day. They make trees for Christmas, eggs for Easter...maybe next it's turkeys for Thanksgiving? No matter what they are shaped like, they are so good!

Another exciting event that took place on Valentine's Day is that my friend Erin got engaged! Erin will be marrying Jason Huprich on August 8th of this year. We are so excited for them! Last weekend, Erin invited me to go dress shopping with her and a few other family members/friends. It was a blast. I couldn't help but have my thoughts drawn back to when I was dress shopping and planning for that BIG DAY. It is a great time when memories are made!

Work has been difficult and somewhat overwhelming for both of us. We've had lots of new projects at work, and for Brett, it's meant lots of extra hours at the office. So at the end of the day, both of us have been lacking in energy... About the time we were starting to get back to normal, I caught this horrible virus. That knocks me down again. I do feel fortunate because I am around sick people in doctor's offices almost all day. Germ-x is my best friend, and for the most part I haven't caught anything. Supposedly, having surgery can mess up your immune system for a while. Brett saw this when he caught lots of things during the first 6 months following his surgery. Now his immune system is great! I think mine will pull through too!

A few upcoming things: We're planning on going up to VA to visit Brett's parents next weekend! Can't wait to see them! Also, we're planning a trip out to Kansas in late spring, and working out our travel plans to go to Hong Kong in late September - early October. It's an exciting time. We'll keep you posted!

No comments: