It has now been one week since my surgery, and I am so glad to be recovering, and to not have my gallbladder! The surgery took a little longer than expected and I had lots of scar tissue, which has made for a little longer recovery...but I am doing well. The wonderful thing was that as soon as I woke up from the surgery I realized that the problem was solved...the g-blad was the trouble-maker - sneaky, sneaky...
Brett and I would like to send out a HUGE "THANK YOU!!!" for the outpouring of love and support over the past week. Thanks for your calls, cards, flowers, messages, meals, especially for all of the prayers, etc. They have all been tremendously helpful during my recovery.
We feel very fortunate to be surrounded by amazing family members and friends! I figured that since I would be home for a week or so, I would have lots of time to blog and catch up on reading... I seemed to forget the whole healing aspect of recovery. Giving your body time to heal can really take it out of you! Whew... I am behind on my thank you notes and returning phone calls (but no longer behind on blogging) so thanks for your patience!
Currently, I am expecting to either be back at work at the end of the week or definitely be back by Monday of next week. It's important to make sure that I am really ok before returning to the weekly grind. I tend to push myself a little too hard...thus being disappointed that I am not already back at work... but I guess that I should be thankful for this time that I have of rest. I am really learning how bad I need it! Each day I have had some goals, and today my goals were to spend more time on my feet, take a normal length shower, and stand a little straighter. Goals met - I actually stood up for 20 minutes after waking up...quite an accomplishment considering it is the hardest time for me to stand up! Each day is getting much better, so I am sure that I will see huge improvements over the next two or three days.
Side note: Also, I am currently enjoyed our second snow "dusting" this week. It's maybe 1/2 inch, but beautiful! I can't remember when we have had so many different short episodes of snow....this is our 3rd this year!
Back to the topic...I love you all and once again am overwhelmed by your kindness and support! Thanks for keeping in your prayers and making me feel like one of the most fortunate people in the world!
Have a great night and we'll update you again soon...
With love,
Jess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad you are feeling better. We have been blessed by your updated posts. It may even motivate me to update my blog. I haven't posted since Dec. 19. Goals are great but take care. I love you!
We love you! Keep getting better!
Post a Comment