Saturday, March 28, 2009

March Recap

What hasn't happened the past two weeks?!? 

It has been a whirlwind for us!  Brett has worked long extra hours almost all month in preparation for multiple projects that all had to be finished in a very limited time frame.  He knew that March would be crazy, but I am proud of him because along with being very tired (completely understandable) he has had a great attitude! Hasn't complained once...literally! I wish I could be a little more like that...or maybe a LOT more like that!  

Among these projects Brett was assisting with a new marketing campaign for Community One which has gone off without a hitch!  The banners and everything look great!  He also helped with the Annual Report that the bank sends out to all of the stakeholders, he led an outstanding program training session with the entire Senior Management at the bank, and just had his Annual Employee Review with his boss.  I'm so proud of him because he received GREAT feedback from his boss! They all feel very fortunate to have him on staff and his boss is MORE than pleased with his excellent work!  Way to go!!!  

The past two weeks have been busy but great! Here is the breakdown:  I had jury duty two weeks ago, what a neat learning experience!  Then we went up to see Brett's parents this past weekend.  It was a great trip, and much needed! We hadn't seen them since Christmas!  This past week at work I spoke at a Kiwanis (a civic group) meeting on Tuesday night, hosted a lunch with a new doctor on Wednesday, we had small group on Wednesday night, on Thursday I had lots of prep and deliveries for National Doctors' Day (sounds like a reason for a new Hallmark card), and then I attended my Annual Employee Banquet on Thursday night.  Yesterday we attended my Great-Grandmother's visitation and funeral in Mooresville, NC.  (right near Lake Norman) 

During our trip to and from Mooresville, I couldn't help but think that my sister and I are fortunate to have shared so much time with our Great-Grandmother over the years and that she was involved in our lives until we reached the ages of 24 and 26.  She lived to be in her mid 90s and yesterday Brett and I had the opportunity to meet three of her sisters.  One is in her upper 90s and the other two slightly younger.   Her sisters are healthy, happy, and talking up a storm! My Great-Grandmother followed the lives of her 11 Great-Grandchildren (GGC)... can you imagine? I think that Amanda and I are the oldest of the GGCs.  We have shared our high school graduations, college graduations, and marriages with her.  Even though she hasn't been able to attend everything, we've sent pictures, cards and invitations.   Not many people have the opportunity to share life with a Great-Grandparent.  It is a beautiful thing!  This is one of the reasons that I am so excited for our niece Hannah and her upcoming sibling as they will have a great opportunity to get to know Grandma Jan, Grandma Loretta, and Grandpa Alvin.  

My mom was very close with her grandmother, and she sang "Great is Thy Faithfulness" and "In the Garden" at the funeral service.  She sang more beautifully than ever, and I am so impressed that she was able to do this!  She would say, "It's the Lord... I couldn't do it by myself!"  She has a beautiful gift!  On our way home we stopped with my parents and had a wonderful dinner at Outback.  It was a nice way to rest and re-fuel.  We enjoyed this time with my parents!  

Last night, we crashed as soon as we got home!  It had been a busy but great couple of weeks for both of us! Thanks for following and reading this blog!  We love all of you! 



My youth pastor (when I was in school) and his wonderful wife just adopted a young girl from China.  This has been a two year process for them and a few weeks ago they finally met their new daughter.  Jodi is 4 years old...and precious!  You've got to check out this blog of their journey: http://jodilanghuff.blogspot.com/

They are coming home right now after spending 3 weeks in Beijing

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you guys have been up to a lot! I'm really looking forward to when you come here...too bad it's still over 5 months away!