This weekend, Brett is out of town, so I did something out of the ordinary...I went and got a pedicure with my mom! We had a great time, and I can't even remember the last time that we did this together. We used our excuse of needing to "plan a bridal shower" to make sense of getting a pedi. We had such a great time together! And, it wasn't a lie, we did work on planning the bridal shower...but we talked about lots of other stuff too. If there's one thing that my dad will testify to, it's that we're both talkers so there's never a quiet moment!

After spending some time with my mom, and going to my parent's house and running into a young king snake only 10 ft away...what is it with snakes lately? yuck!!!...it was time to get ready for wedding shower for Erin and Jason. We'll be hosting a shower for this couple in July. They are an amazing and dynamic couple, full of energy, love, and excitement for life.

I couldn't let the night go by without getting a quick pic with the lovely bride-to-be. It's an honor to be a part of their upcoming wedding!

We had a wonderful BBQ dinner and ate in one of the most beautiful back yards that I have ever seen. There were 30 people at the party. I didn't know many of the people, but by the time everyone was leaving we all felt like we had formed many new friendships!

They are both so deep in thought as they open the gifts. It was the only time all night that they weren't bubbling with laughter! I don't know if I've ever seen such a happy couple...well other than Brett and I. (couldn't resist adding that)

This was their first shower as an engaged couple and afterwards Erin shared that she DID have lots of fun! Warning...I'm going to reminisce... One of the neatest parts of our showers was the realization that all of the people wanted to celebrate with us. It's a very special memory. Hopefully these events before the wedding will be very special for Erin and Jason!

One more picture of opening gifts... It was such a fun night!

Keep checking back...Recipe of the Week and Phantom of the Opera post coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment