Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Trip

So we're not in Kansas any more... We got back to Randomtown a little before 10pm last night. Our flight got in at 6:15, but the traffic coming from Charlotte was crazy! I can't complain, though, because that was the ONLY time that we had any sense of it being a heavily traveled weekend.


2007 Crisp Family Photo



There are a couple of things that I must share about our travels...

1) Brett and I got to experience flying in a really small plane (there are some smaller, but I haven't flown in one... yet) that was piloted by my brother-in-law. It was a blast! Patrick was a wonderful pilot! It was the smoothest flight of our whole trip!

2) Brett's family is wonderful! I enjoyed every minute of vacation!




Patrick, Jeana, Grandma Jan, and Brett cooking in the kitchen.





On Friday, even more family members came over


and we had another wonderful meal together!


That night, we went to Grandpa Alvin and Grandma Loretta's house. We enjoyed some wonderful beef stew, played games, had a ping-pong tournament, watched the snow, and admired beautiful Hannah!




Sure some things were different than some of my own traditions that I have with my family, but I really enjoyed learning new things. (serving pork at Thanksgiving dinner... or is that supper?, playing lots of card games, it snows in November?, and riding 4-wheelers)


3) That's right, despite the way that I was raised, I learned that 4-wheelers are not just noisy things that tear up your back yard when kids try to ride them behind my parents' house. They are a thrill ride when put in a huge field on a farm! On Saturday, Patrick & Jana, Jeana (Brett's Aunt), Denton (Jeana's son), Brett & I wrapped ourselves up and headed out to explore Kansas.



It turned out to be quite the adventure! I didn't know that you could get up to 40mph on those things, and boy did we!!! Patrick saw a bobcat, Brett almost ran over a possum (or some type of animal), and I reached 40mph then got hit in the face with a pebble. I'm ok though! I think the fact that all of us were completely frozen actually helped me to not really bruise. Afterwards, we thawed out while eating some turkey pot pie! What a night!!!

4) Brett and I are in love with our niece Hannah! (saved the best for last!!!)




If that bundle of joy doesn't warm your heart, I don't know what will!!!

More to come...




A bit of other news, we are now going to be closing on our house on Thursday. So as of around 10am that day, the house will officially be ours! We are currently doing lots of packing and are very excited about moving in over the next week or so!!! Please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful description of our trip. You can officially be our family narrator, Jes! It was such fun to show you Kansas! It is part of who we are.
Love,
M

pjcrisp said...

thanks for the endorcement Jes. You can fly with me anytime!!