Many of you know that I love CookingLight magazine! One of my favorite hobbies is learning more about cooking through reading (or looking at pictures - that one's for Brett) and watching shows on Food Network. There hasn't been much time to sit and watch a cooking show, but I've had lots of time to glance through old and new magazines to see what I can find! Here is a recipe that we tried this week. Oh, it was sooooo good... and easy too!
Feta Stuffed Burgers
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1/4 C. finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano (use 2-3 teaspoons if using fresh)
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 Tablespoons reduced fat crumbled feta cheese
Directions: Combine all ingredients except for cheese in a bowl. Mix well. Divide mixture into four portions. Make an indention in the middle of each portion. Put 1+1/2 Tablespoons of feta into each. Fold the meat around the feta to seal the feta inside. Shape each portion into a 1/2 inch think patty. Cook for 5 minutes on each side. When serving add lettuce and tomato.
One of the things that I like to do with recipes is to try it first following the strict instructions. Second time around, take some liberties with it! What would I do next time? Dice my onions much more finely, add a little more lemon, a tad more black pepper, and do a little better job of flattening the burger patties. It turned out great the first time, but I look forward to trying this again!
Thanks for reading!
4 comments:
Sounds great! I will try it soon!
i love cooking light too! but i'm so bad a trying new recipes, i often just make boring old things that don't need recipes. so i'm excited to see what you decide to make. one request, though: can you post pictures of your creations?
ps. i hope you and kalli(sp?) don't get lonely this weekend! we'll be thinking about you.
just saw my email didn't go thru to brett, apparently i didn't have the right adress. my sister's email is lrosenburgh@otisahearn.com. i hope he checks this.
one more thing! i dont' have your email, need to get that. i have a friend who is in nursing school, and taking a class called death and dying. she has an oral presentation on cancer survivor support groups, and she's gathering research. she had some questions, and i was wondering if she could talk to you for an opinion, both from you personally and what you know from your work? her email is chandralarson@gmail.com
thanks!
Post a Comment