Thursday, September 17, 2009

2 years strong and growing....

On your wedding day, you have your wedding cake at the reception....on your one year anniversary, you eat the previously frozen top layer from your wedding cake... what about the second  year?  That's right, no cake.  How disappointing.  Who doesn't love an excuse to eat celebratory cake? So, for our 2 year anniversary, I (Jes) worked with a baker at Creative Cakes in Asheboro, NC for a special cake for this special occasion.  Here's the final product: 
It was so good! The design was based on a combination of the top layer of our wedding cake and our party favors.  I thought they did a great job!  Brett had no idea, and I kept this secret for 2 weeks... Usually I have a hard time keeping exciting things from him.  
Our anniversary fell on a Tuesday night, so we had a bite of cake before we went out for dinner.  We enjoyed a nice meal at Outback...where they gave us a free dessert sampler! Yum!  
Over Labor Day weekend we went up to VA to see David and Des.  They took us out to eat at a nice seafood restaurant!  At this restaurant, they started the meal by bringing out homemade relishes (kidney bean and onion, corn, and sauerkraut) that were really good.  Then they brought out homemade breads (including zucchini, apple/cheddar, pumpkin).  They had the best She-Crab Soup that I have ever had.  Then it was time for the entrees.  We were stuffed by the time we left!  The whole idea of the place is that they have kept the same traditions as the lady who originally made this food.  She would serve in this order.  It's kind of a neat concept for a restaurant.  We had a great time!  
That's all for now...more to come soon! 

2 comments:

Candice {The Beautiful Mess} said...

Has it really been 2 years already? Oh my! Happy Anniversary!! :)

Amanda said...

Mmmm...that cake looks yummy!