Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Relay For Life

This year was my first year back taking part in Relay For Life after losing one of my walking partners. Mr. Mackie passed away shortly before Relay For Life last year, and I really enjoyed walking with him every year during the survivor's lap. So that was one of the reasons that I took a year off last year. This year is a year of new beginnings... so it was time to change up my old routine.
Here is our team's banner. The theme this year was that "Happy Birthday is a victory song..." so true! In the picture below we were preparing for the survivor's lap. Lots of people showed up for the event!
This year I made a new walking friend. Margaret and I really enjoyed sharing about our lives and our families. We've already set the date to walk again together next year! I look forward to it! This picture was taken when we had just finished the first lap... notice all of the balloons (dots) in the background.
Afterwards I grabbed dinner with a couple of my co-workers (Right - Emily and Left - Betsy). It was really neat to share this experience with people that I have grown close with at my job.
Quick photo-op with one of my closest friends at work, Christie. I was so glad that she and her family came to the event!
As another first for the night... I blew out my tire down a dark country road on the way home. Dawn, another amazing friend from work, came and bailed me out. It was quite an adventure!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on another year under your belt!

Desiree said...

Jes, David and I did a walk a thon on the ship as a fundraiser for Make A Wish in honor of you! We are so glad you are a part of our lives!