(picture of Brett, Adam, Brandon, Kyhli, Jacob and Lindsay)
Just pretend the picture is here. Every year, we kick off the holidays (either Thanksgiving or Christmas) with an "After Turkey Party" at our house. All of my cousins are invited to come over after our huge dinner at my grandparents' house so that we can play games, eat snacks, and watch a movie. The next morning, Brett and I make breakfast for everyone. It is a great tradition and we always have a blast!
This was the first year (on the Allen side of the family) having a grandchild at Christmas. My parents just adore Finley... well, we all do for that matter! Here is my Dad sharing in one of our family's Christmas traditions, reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" right before bedtime on Christmas Eve. Dad, Amanda, and I can almost recite the entire story from memory. I almost got a little emotional as we sat on the couch together. Christmas is my favorite time of the year!
The next morning, Finley didn't know what to do with all of the bows... not the presents... just the bows. It was really cute! If in doubt... eat it!
Another thing that made Christmas very special is that David and Des came down and spent Christmas with us! We enjoyed movies, playing games, and cooking amazing food during the time they were here.
Cali received a new "squiggles" for Christmas. She was pretty excited! Since the time that she was a little puppy, she has always had a stuffed octopus. (I don't know why we chose this of all creatures...) So we decided to name it Squiggles and she knows exactly who we are talking about when we say that name. It was about time to get her a new one... her old one only has 6 legs. We'll see how long this one lasts.
One thing that we will always remember is that we received snow at Christmas! It started snowing Christmas night and then when we woke up the next morning... we had 5 inches of GLOWING WHITE SNOW!!! After we spent time shoveling out our driveway, it was time to play in it. Brett and I had a snowball fight, and Des was so nice to take pictures of it for us. Here's the only one where we are not pelting chunks of ice as hard as humanly possible at each other's heads. Although, maybe I should have included some of those... probably would have been more funny. Cali was in on the fight too. She ran and rolled for about 30 minutes in the snow.


2 comments:
I am smiling right now as I remember the wonderful times we were able to share over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Very special. Thanks for the posts, I hadn't given up on you!
Such a good photo of you, Brett and Cali! Cute! Glad you finally decided to update the blog. :)
Post a Comment