Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Yep... it's Wednesday!

"I'll tell you what!?" Brett and I have been having some long work days and late nights since we got back from Kansas. Sometimes work can just drag... well it has been. Hopefully it will get better soon!

One example of something that impresses me about my husband is that he has been working late every night this week - and will continue to - in order to be able to take part of the day off on Monday, which is when the movers are coming to cart away all of our stuff. That is determination right there! He is truly a hard worker, and honestly, he hasn't even complained. I appreciate and respect him!

Since we usually try to cook every night, I thought I would share an idea with you that I tried tonight. I really like the show "Kitchen Nightmares." I don't even know why... sometimes it is disturbing to see how disgusting restaurant kitchens can be... but I do think that Gordon Ramsey is an amazing chef, so why not get some ideas from him!? On last week's episode, he was making a special hamburger and I decided to make a variation of it.

Combine hamburger meat, little salt, lots of ground pepper, some worcestershire sauce, thyme and oregano, a couple of tablespoons of spicy brown mustard, and one finely chopped shallot. Mix very well, and press into patties...then grill. (Notice that I have no specific directions, you just make it up as you go!) :)

Well, the hamburgers had a very good taste. I really liked them! We usually get the 93/7 burgers which can sometimes end up tasting dry... but these were very moist and tender. It isn't too strange of a taste, because all of the ingredients balance out very well. I highly recommend this if you are wanting to spice up the all-american burger.

Now, there was a slight fiasco tonight because our current house does not have a exhaust fan over the stove... oh, and did I mention that all of the windows are sealed shut? Yeah, so about the time Brett got home from work, the house was full of smoke, the fire alarm was going off, and there was no way to get the smell out of the house... hahaha

Amidst all of this, I thought to myself, "We are buying our new house tomorrow... it has a exhaust fan, and the windows open! I can hardly wait!" We have learned a lot of lessons of being in my Grandmother's old house, and these things will make us appreciate our first home in a new way!

Enough of my blabbing... hope you have a great night and we'll fill you in tomorrow on all that transpires! With love - Jes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so adorable! And I love both of you :)
Congratulations, again. You are going to be homeownerssssss!!!

Love you!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

I hope the moving goes well...how exciting!?!?